Lighting and décor is a delicate blend of aesthetic and technical creation that can literally be used to create an infinite number of dramatic effects. By using effective tools of varying color, intensity, shape, size, texture and contrast, these can be used to evoke a full range of moods, and emotions, from calm to excited, joy, to utter exhilaration. Frankly, no other medium exists that can establish mood more effectively than well done lighting and décor. In the end, effective lighting completes a full circle of both the emotion and performance action in any production, wedding or event, to accent words, music and movement.
In order to create an effective Colorado wedding lighting and décor design, it’s critical to understand the basic functionality of lighting and décor, and the qualities of light. Next, we need to understand what you want to create, or say, with lighting; present the visual messages you want to present; then determine how this design can be executed.
A brief overview of the FUNCTIONS of lighting: visibility, reinforcement, composition and mood.
- Visibility is the full range of seeing, and generally the primary function of light (although what is not visible is just as important.)
- Reinforcement is giving the reason to a scene, performance or event. Whether you desire it to be realistic or abstract, the lighting must justify, and support it.
- Composition is defining objects or areas of the room in relation to their importance to the room. The center of action should be the focus of the lighting – like a cake spot.
- Mood is the feeling or tone conveyed within a room, or key event. For example, a dark setting enhanced with blues and violets can create a sense of mystery, yet the opposite with bright colors or orange and yellow for cheer, or “champagne” for romance.
How does lighting and décor design develop with Amore’ Lighting & Décor?
Your wedding, whether you realize it or not, will bring your guests on an emotional journey, from joy, surprise, friendship, laughter, love and hope. Your lighting and décor (working in tandem with music) should compliment these emotions to produce a one-of-a-kind wedding celebration.
As we chat about your wedding, it’s critically important to understand that lighting isn’t just about your favorite color; even though we have a great article in the “Wedding Resources” section on “Wedding Color Theory.” It’s about the way you want to live. Your distinct wedding style is a reflection of your personality; it’s who you are and how you want to project yourself to your friends and family at your wedding celebration.
Make a statement or tell a story.
Showcase your own style.
Brand your wedding.
Amore’ Lighting & Décor can do creative wedding lighting with things like:
- Wedding Up-lighting
- Accenting (highlighting fixtures, windows, sconces, special photos, table centerpiece or buffet illumination, pin-spotting the wedding cake and more)
- Two tone accenting
- Exterior architectural lighting
- Ceiling lighting
- Floor lighting
- Color saturation of a room
- Textured lighting
- Multi-level / room lighting
- Monograms “Name in Lights”
- Theatrical lighting
- Special effects
- “Dance with the Stars” and “Dancing on a Cloud” and so much more!
Envision your wedding as a series of theatrical productions, “scenes.”
What do you want guests to think and feel as they engage in that scene?
Together, we will help break down your wedding into its emotional moments so that we can create an individual “scene” for each one, then meticulously work backwards to construct lighting, décor, design, media, and technology to compliment the audio component for “the fusion of elegant and unique to create a romantic and memorable wedding WOW!SM”
So, to summarize, what we will do when we meet, together, is:
- Break down the design by emotions and effects
- Group the various effects
- Determine lighting effect categories
- Organize the reception
- Bring the reception to life
I know, it sounds pretty simple, but it’s actually complicated.
Knowing how to do this is a continual refinement between art and science. Your wedding MC/DJ Entertainer will be assumed to take on several roles beyond just playing music, whether they know it or not. This is something no other wedding professional (caterer, florist, venue coordinator, photographer, etc) you hire for your day understands or can do. Every other wedding professional has one solitary role, their specialty only. No lighting house can do this either…simply because they aren’t aware of how the wedding celebration is organized; the foreknowledge as to why each wedding is crafted in a specific manner for each individual wedding; the roles and responsibilities of every other wedding professional, and more importantly, how each one plays an integral role in the timing and coordination of and what needs to happen to enhance the emotional journey guests are going on and how this integrates with the mood, the music and the spoken word. This needs to be done in a manner to bring the whole wedding celebration together while taking into account your personalities, your vision and objectives.
That’s what we can do!
The reality is, your wedding MC/DJ Entertainer is the visible spokesperson for your wedding, the host, and thereby, the assumed wedding “producer” who is responsible for the artistic direction, the interpretation of the script, the preparation and organization and coordination of your wedding. The very person guests assume “responsible” for crafting the comprehensive entertainment experience for guests from the moment they arrive, to your last dance. Because of this assumption, your wedding MC/DJ Entertainer is presumed to take on the task of fully organizing, creating, building, then maintaining a wedding’s full sequence of events, then seamlessly delivering them in a professional manner that keeps everyone engaged, entertained and informed.
A quick thought about how lighting connects to photography and video.
Lighting is the language of photography and video. Patterns of light convey information much in the same way the spoken word does, including definitive statements, grammar and vocabulary, so having well done lighting will enhance the photos and video.
Together, we will determine how to connect these key wedding moments and produce the look and feel you want with lighting and décor to enhance your objectives delivering the wedding vision you always wanted in the décor budget you need. (lighting and décor prices starting as low as $150 and up to $10,000)
Top 10 Reasons to Hire Amore’ Lighting & Décor for Your Colorado Wedding:
- The family Christmas twinkle light display for your wedding, well, just isn’t the same one you want to use for a wedding. Trust us!
- We are the only wedding professional you will for your wedding day that understands your guests are going on an emotional journey, from joy, surprise, friendship, laughter, love and hope. Your lighting and décor (working in tandem with music) should compliment and coordinate to complete the “scene” and fulfill the emotions created.
- Because your caterer, or venue maintenance man (the same guy that plunges the toilets) simply isn’t qualified to design, produce or “paint” a room correctly with lighting and décor.
- Only your wedding MC/DJ Entertainer is fully accustomed to the responsibilities of every other wedding professional working with the advance knowledge of how the lighting and décor plays into the planned overall sequence of events.
- Lighting is the language of photography and video. Patterns of light convey information, so having well done lighting will make your photos and video even better.
- Lighting should always be considered part of the décor budget in the same manner as flowers, table linens, chair covers, fabric, and centerpieces. Lighting and décor is the only element that will enhance the overall wedding atmosphere, mood and comprehensive entertainment experience.
- We are not a cheesy lighting house like the big boys who do concerts or huge corporate events then dabble in a few weddings when they need the work. All we do is weddings.
- You’ll get the best possible pricing because our price is bundled and comprehensive. We don’t do intentionally confusing “day rates, seasonal rates, rounding up of labor hours,” no bully unions to work with, or ridiculous delivery or mileage fees like they all do. Besides, we’re there already on site – so why pay twice?
- We can create impression focal points. We point control where we want the eye drawn to by creating intentional and strategic focal points, like expensive flower centerpieces, key photographs, or the gorgeous wedding cake; otherwise, at night, they just aren’t seen.
- We work with you to design lighting and décor in a unique way to compliment your tastes, style, personalities, life experiences, values, family traditions, color and theme. We take the time to learn what’s really important to you, why, and about your vision for your wedding.
If you would like more information about lighting, design, style, color and trends, be sure to visit Wedding Resources for articles on:
- Color Theory for Weddings
- The Power of Color – Color Your Wedding With Confidence
- Creating Your Wedding Style
- Factors to Consider When Creating Your Own Wedding Style
- Hot New Wedding Trends
- The Truth About LEDs for Your Wedding (Facts You Need to Know)
I’d love to hear about your wedding and get you an exact price quote for your own unique wedding.
Creating customized, creative weddings personalized just to you!